Monday 20 October 2014

Net Wars

This evening looking at my favorite forum, Craft Pimp, I came across a Youtube video featuring a potter. So I click and watch, for a few seconds, a master at work.
Then I hear my sons bedroom door open, his strident footsteps coming down the hall.
"Are watching Youtube?" whispers my youngest from beside me.
"Ummm...yes?" Older son is now pounding down the stairs, across the hall and bursts into the kitchen where we sit with laptops on the table.
"What are you doing?" he demands.
"It's a potter" I sheepishly explain. I know what his problem is. It's the same most nights.
"I got disconnected again" He is exasperated. "You know I can't play if you watch youtube"
Our connection here is really slow and there is often 6 of us trying to use it, and you can't please all of the people all of the time. He plays League of Legends, L.O.L. and it seems to be very particular about its bandwidth or something.
I will try to watch the video tomorrow. While he is at college. Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment